SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Influenster's College VoxBox

Hey guys! So today I am really excited to announce a post for Influenster's College VoxBox. I got my box before leaving for Thanksgiving to visit my family so I am sorry this post is a little late. Influenster is a company that pairs up people that are passionate about certain hobbies with companies that sell particular items so that the company's products can be reviewed. I was invited to join this company by my follower Lauren so a big THANK YOU to her :). As a member of Influenster, you are never promised a box or product to review but participation and doing surveys on the website enhance your possible selection as a reviewer. I know Lauren got the Beauty Box to review a while back from them and now I am getting their College Box. I would love to have you guys subscribe as well so if you are interested, I have 5 invites to share. Just leave me a commment down below if you want to be invited and I can give you the info. On to the box...

PRODUCTS IN MY BOX:
Impress Press-On Manicure
NYC New York Color ShowTime Glitter Eyeliner Pencil
Necco Tropical Wafers
Pentel EnerGel-X Campaign pen
Energy Sheets

REVIEWS:

Impress Press-On Manicure-When I saw these were included in my box I was super excited. I was going to actually buy some for my trip to Vegas so that I would have nice nails for a few nights. These nails are $5.99 for solid colors and $7.99 for prints. I love these as an alternative to getting my nails done at a salon. They make my nails look nice for a fraction of the salon price. In my box I recieved Space Cadet which was an ok print in my opinion. I think everyone else that saw them thought they were cooler than I did. I just thought it looked kind of like cow spots so I was not to thrilled with the pattern. They do have other nice patterns which I have shared below and I have purchased the french manicure before. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of me wearing them since I took the nails off and just now remembered that I needed to snap a picture of them. :( Broadway, the company that makes the nails, says they have a longevity of about a week. Mine lasted 5 days before I decided to take them off (the long nails hinder my ability to work in a lab), but I have had mine last up to a week and a half before. I did notice that the design on the tips tends to wear down after 2 days or so. They did last a whole weekend in Vegas (including clubbing) so they are very durable.



Eyeliner Pencil-I was kind of apprehensive about this product when I first recieved it since it seems like the type of product that could be really amazing or really bad. I do recommend NYC Color as a brand. I have been using their nail polish as a kid and I used their makeup back in middle school and high school. Recently I haven't bought anything from the company, but this eyeliner pencil might change that. The liner I recieved was in black but they do come in other colors (a blue and a brown, I believe). Unfortunately, they are only selling the black one at the Target near my house. The liner is long lasting and non-smudging. I wore it all night while clubbing in Vegas. It might be a little too long wearing, however, since I had problems getting rid of the glitter specks with a facial wipe that night while getting ready for bed. I still had sparkles around my eyes when I woke up in the morning.


Pentel pen- I got this pen in the color purple. At first I was a little upset by the way the pen wrote. It was a bit hard to use it while writing on my desk at home. The ink did not form a solid line. However, as I kept using it, the ink started flowing smoothly and the pen writes like a dream. In fact, I am thinking about sticking to ONLY this pen--it is that good. I normally use the PILOT G-2 07 pen which is another gel pen. As a lefty, it is important for me to find nice pens that won't smear when my hand passes over the ink. This Pentel pen does not smear. In addtion, the gel consistency is nicer than that of the Pilot pens. I really don't know how to characterize this difference other than it is "nicer." It just improves the writing experience. This pen is definitely one I will keep using in the future.
 
Tropical Wafers- I have never seen products from this brand at any store I have been to. If anyone knows where to find them, please let me know. The wafers are addicting. I tried the banana flavored one and the green one, and I can't stop eating them. I am saving the rest for when I need a little pick-me-up during the work day.


Energy Sheets- I haven't tried the energy sheets yet. I will try just one for the sake of review, but other than that I plan on passing them along to a friend who is ok using them. I tend to not use energy boosts since I consider them unnatural and unsafe. I like my caffeine to come from coffee or tea. Maybe I am just old fashioned.


Have a wonderful day guys and don't forget to enter my Holiday Giveaway(you can find it under current giveaways). Which of these products would you try/have you tried?

XOXO, Haylee :)

1 comment :

  1. I hate my boss. So during the spare times, I am quite down and dumbed from the repetitive tasks. Your posts give my brain some needed excercise. Thanks! what cream is best for tattoo aftercare

    ReplyDelete