SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First Time Lushie!!!!

So I'd heard a lot of great things about Lush from around the web/YouTube mostly from missglamorazzi. You guys should check Ingrid out, she is AMAZING!!!! I finally decided to try it while shopping for gifts before Christmas. I've heard a lot of first time Lushies complain that the store is a bit overwhelming the first time; I definitely agree which is why I was so glad to have heard other beauty gurus favorites before I went into them store myself. I picked up four things which I will review here for you guys. I'll post pics later since I am a bit under the weather and don't want to go searching through all my stuff for pictures. Anyway, here's what I got:

Popcorn lip scrub-This lip scrub is a limited edition; I believe it comes out only around Xmas time so grab it while you can. They just sold out online. This scrub tastes sooooo good and is exactly like eating a bowl of popcorn. You are supposed to dip a dry finger into the pot (it has to be dry or your ruin the scrub) and rub some of the salt crystals on your wet lips to scrub and buff them. The product says you can lick the off, but I try to just wash my lips instead of ingesting the scrub as hard as that is since it tastes sooo good! Honestly though it should be fine if you ingest it since the great part of Lush is that most of their products are all natural. This scrub is vegan and preservative free. It also has not been tested on animals. The cherry on top is that it is the best lip scrub I have ever used. It exfoliates, makes my lips kissably soft, and smells/tastes amazing. The lip scrub comes in 3 other flavors which are good, but not my personal favorite although I know other people that swear by them: mint julips(a minty flavor), a chocolate flavor, and bubblegum. :)

Happy hippy shower gel- This was a product I didn't intend to get when I walked into the store since I did not know it existed. I was going to get Turkish Delight since Ingrid raves about it, but I didn't really like the way it smelled in person. I was browsing around for an alternative when I happened upon this one. It smells like grapefruit which is my favorite scent right now in all beauty products so I had to try it. It is supposed to really wake you up in the mornings due to its citrusy burst of flavor according to the label and I highly agree. It's a great pick-me-up scent for the winter blahs.

Butterball-

Sunnyside- A very uplifting bubble bar with a citrus scent. It turns the water a deep orange brown with lots of sparkles and bubbles. I find that a half of a bar is just enough bubble for one bath. The bubbles do not last that long in my tub (maybe 20 minutes) , but I live in a hard water area and I've heard that the hard water makes bubble bath solution more ineffective. This is great paired with Big Blue to make mermaid water! 

Remember to go under the "Current Giveaways" tab and enter our Lush contest!

Xoxo,
Haylee :)

Post a Comment