SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Part One: How To Winterize Your Nails

So as the weather starts to get colder, there are several things we can look forward to: decorated store fronts, hot chocolate, comfy sweaters, and.......dry, chapped hands?!

Well, thanks to MakeupandMasala and Julep, hopefully the last one will not be the case. We've teamed up to share with you guys some of the best tips and products to keep your tips and toes winterized:



One of my favorite tricks is product versatility. I keep the Julep Pedi Creme in my handbag at all times. I slather it on my feet during flip flop season when my feet need a little extra TLC. However, in the winter, I have found that, in a pinch, it works as a great hand moisturizer. This is especially important for me since I live in the desert and work in a lab all the time so my hands are usually very dry from the climate and the excessive use of solvents.

Let's be honest, We all like pampering and manicuring our nails. But the best part is definitely the polish! Another way I "winterize" my nails is picking out colors and patterns that are more on trend for winter. Cue the glitter. Winter is the season of holiday parties and excessive glitz and glam. I normally wear conservative cream finishes, but during the holidays I get a little fancy. In honor of the season, I created four winter looks to take you from the office to holiday parties and from day to night based on Julep's style personalities.    

Classic With A Twist
This look is one of my favorite since I, myself, am Classic With A Twist. I wanted a day to night look since I have to have conservative nails for work, but I want them to be holiday party ready. With this look, you can wear the timeless red nail to work and glitz it up before the weekend party. The glitter tips took me all of 10 minutes to apply before I was out the door and off to party. I used OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ for the red and Julep's Paris for the glitter. I actually wanted to use Julep's Coco for the red since the two came as a set during the Paris Collection, but I left it at my boyfriend's house after painting my nails there. 


Stay tuned to see more Julep inspired looks in Part Two! In the mean time, be sure to check out Julep's new nail polish colors! 

Disclaimer:
MakeupandMasala was not compensated in any form for this post. The honest opinions in this post belong to the writer of MakeupandMasala.  All polishes listed in this post were purchased by MakeupandMasala and are part of her private collection. Clicking on links will not generate any revenue or perk for MakeupandMasala; they are listed purely for reader convenience. Julep provided the first image in this post. 

Post a Comment