SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 17, 2015

Phoenix Yard Coloring Books: The Second One and Only Colouring Book for Adults

So recently I was sent The Second One and Only Colouring Book for Adults by Phoenix Yard books for review. It's an adult coloring book that is going to make it's way to the US soon. I love the size of this book in particular. It's perfect for traveling since it is smaller than most coloring books out there. It's about the size of one of those composition notebook with a marble cover that you could pick up around the time that school begins. The page themes are very diverse so there are a lot of options for one's coloring mood (floral, abstract, mosaic, city). Again this is also a perk for travel since you only have to bring one book along to enjoy various themes. Below I have a few pictures of the themes in this book: 




I especially love this last picture because it reminds me of so many French coloring books that we do not have access to in the US.

There are a few not-so-great parts about this book as well for me personally. I am not a huge fan of  the floral image I posted above. It is an example of one of the few prints in the book that is too chaotic and complicated for me. I feel the lines are too tiny for adequate coloring using colored pencils, but they are perfect if you like to use markers (I don't).

The book also says that you can use it with colored pencils, crayons, acrylics, and some types of paints. I tried both markers and colored pencils:


The colored pencils worked great as shown above.


However, the markers (Staedler pens) bled through a bit when I used them as you can see above.

Overall, I am excited to use this book with colored pencils and will show you guys examples of my work in the future. Happy coloring!!


What are your thoughts on this book? Would you get it?


Post a Comment